Our main task as a member of the European network EURAXESS is to provide reliable information, on a royalty-free basis, about the issues related not only to the employment and stay of foreign scientists in Poland, but also presenting various possibilities of scientific internships or international research for Polish researchers.
EURAXESS is an initiative, coordinated by the European Commission, the objective of which is complex, free help and advice for researchers, who are decided to develop and continue their career abroad, and for institutions, which are interested in welcoming those researchers in their teams. Nowadays, EURAXESS operates in more than 40 countries, where it supports scientists and employers via:
- The European portal for mobile researchers EURAXESS, which includes the biggest database with job and grant offers, which allows researchers to submit their CV, as well as enables the employers to submit job offers. On the portal you can also find the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers, which are the documents, according to which the projects under the HORIZON2020 programme are implemented. Promotional video can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f5oRveEnrs&feature=youtu.be;
- 480 Information Centers for Researchers, located in the EURAXESS Member States, providing the researchers and employers with information about the procedures od employment and living conditions in a given country;
- 40 national EURAXESS portals with information about the national funding, legal and administrative rules, related to departure, arrival and work in a particular country. The Polish EURAXESS website is the only website dedicated to scientists, containing information about rules related to the arrival and employment in Poland, travelling abroad and current foreign and national grant and internship offers.
- Welcome to our Region… (www.slaskie.pl/en)
We are pleased that you have chosen our region as a place where you can make another step in the development of your research career and take an active holiday in your free time. We hope that what we can offer to you will live up to your expectations.
- and to our City… (www.gliwice.eu/en)
For the last years Gliwice has become one of the most modern cities of Upper Silesia. Its strengths are its favourable location, advanced economy, comprehensive development of science and education, as well as rich cultural, sports and recreation life. Gliwice is located in the south-western part of Poland, within the territory of the Province of Silesia. It occupies the surface area of 134,2 km2 and has the population of over 170 thousand. This gives in the 17th and 18th position, respectively, on the list of the largest Polish cities. Simultaneously, it constitutes a part of Silesia Metropolis (14 cities) - the largest urban organism of this part of Europe, inhabited by ca. 2 milion people.
- EURAXESS Poland https://www.euraxess.pl
- Gliwice City Hall (Municipal Office, travel to Gliwice, hotels and restaurants, tourist information, how to get help, interesting places, education & science) https://www.gliwice.eu/en
- Silesian Voivodeship Office (visas, residence permit for a specified period of time, settlement permit, residence permit for a long-term EC resident) http://www.katowice.uw.gov.pl/english/general_issues.html
- Travel guide for Gliwice visitors https://gliwice.eu/sites/default/files/imce/przewodnik_gliwice_czerwiec_2015_sml.pdf
The EURAXESS Regional Mobility Centre in Gliwice is a part of the International Projects Office of the Silesian University of Technology. Our Centre covers the entire Silesian & Opole Voivodships.
International Projects Office
Silesian University of Technology
Banacha 10, St.
Tel. (+48) 32 237 19 98